I learned pretty quickly that writing consistent calligraphy depends on laying down a grid first. You can use these calligraphy paper grids for drills or mix-and match to create layout grids. These brushes are great for writing at different slants and x-heights.
The grid brushes come in 4 variations:
How to use The Grid Brushes
- Create a blank layer
- Select one of the grid brushes and a light color (I like a blue grid)
- Paint all over the layer in one continuous stroke. Changing the size of the brush changes the scale of the grid.
- Make a new layer on top of the grid to write your letters!
- Hide the grid layer before exporting your finished image
After drawing the grid, you can skew or flip the grid layer for an infinitely customizable slant! changing up the slant lets you make lots of different styles of lettering:
How to install procreate brushes
- After completing your transaction on Gumroad, click the download button (using the device where procreate is installed)
- Choose “open in procreate”
- The brush will now appear in your brushes menu under “imported”
- That’s it!